Sunday, May 1, 2011

Grilled for details

This dinner was great.  Flowers and wine help mark a special occasions, but I find that food has more influence on memory than those things (that I also bought.)  Grilled beef flank steak with asparagus and garlic cheese toast, paired with my new favorite  Pinot noir, an Oregon wine from Cloudline Cellars.  My favorite meat, prepared in the method that best highlights it's flavor and texture.  The beef was marinated in a Kalbi sauce, which has it's roots in Korean cuisine.  It's sweet and tangy, without overwhelming the natural flavor of the beef.



A note on cutlery; I hate these steak knives.  The front portion is serrated and all it does is grab and hold meat fibers.  I'm on the lookout for plain edged replacement knives that are sharp.  Expect a review when I find what I'm looking for.

No comments:

Post a Comment